cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Browser session for logged-in users seems really short

Browser session for logged-in users seems really short

DanijelD
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Our team is on a Dropbox Advanced plan with SSO activated via Microsoft. Internally we share Dropbox-links that are only visible when our team is logged in. But it seems the browser sessions are really short for Dropbox.com.

Basically our users need to login in daily to dropbox.com. This is a bit frustrating because the links that are shared don't work when not logged in. Am I missing a setting?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@DanijelD wrote:

But it seems the browser sessions are really short for Dropbox.com. ... Basically our users need to login in daily to dropbox.com.

Are they closing their browser? I can't speak for how it works with SSO enabled, but normally on Dropbox.com, If you close your browser, Dropbox will force a sign in again unless the Remember Me option was checked during sign on. Leave the browser open (even if you close the Dropbox tab) or select the Remember Me option, and Dropbox remembers the session.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@DanijelD wrote:

But it seems the browser sessions are really short for Dropbox.com. ... Basically our users need to login in daily to dropbox.com.

Are they closing their browser? I can't speak for how it works with SSO enabled, but normally on Dropbox.com, If you close your browser, Dropbox will force a sign in again unless the Remember Me option was checked during sign on. Leave the browser open (even if you close the Dropbox tab) or select the Remember Me option, and Dropbox remembers the session.

DanijelD
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
@Rich aha, that makes sense! Especially when you login in via SSO, you don’t get the option remember me 🙂 Quite annoying.
Need more support?