cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We’re having some trouble with our services currently. We’re working to fix the problem as quickly as we can. We’ll share another update shortly. For the latest information visit here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: subscription plan charged twice a month - both through google subscription and dropbox directly

subscription plan charged twice a month - both through google subscription and dropbox directly

haik
New member | Level 2

Hello! I have noticed that my subscription plan is being charged twice a month - though google subsciptions and as direct payment to dropbox. I havent received any refund, but I have blocked the payment that is directly to Dropbox, as I can see in Google subsciptions that my plan is ongoing and next billing date is in a week. But now Dropbox has changed my plan to basic and i am out of space.  Any ideas what to do would be much appreciated!

12 Replies 12

Mark
Super User II

That means you have 2 accounts - one you are paying via card and one you are paying via GooglePlay. 

You need to log in to the account you are playing via Google (my guess is its your store email address) and use that. 

Remember that it has to be EXACTLY like the email on the store. So @gmail.com and @googlemail.com are different as an example

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

haik
New member | Level 2

Did not work for me - i am logging in to Dropbox via Google, then with email and password, and it is still the same

Mark
Super User II

Logging in via Google doesnt mean you are charging that via Play - you have two accounts. You need to work out which is the second and log in to that. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

haik
New member | Level 2

Thank you for a quick reply. On the same time, I am absolutely sure that I dont have two accounts - I can see in the dropbox payments history, that payments were accepted both via google play and directly from card in November - I just did not notice that. After that, in the payments history I have only one payment directly from card in January - and in reality there are two more in January (?!?) and one more in March through Google - but not listed in Dropbox account payments history (reminding - there is a google play payment in dropbox payments history in November but not later). 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Hi @haik, hope you don’t mind if I jump in. 

Since we don’t have much visibility over your Dropbox account’s details on the forum, I can open a ticket for you, so that I can check what’s going on. 

If you’re OK with that, let me know and l will message you to the email address that’s linked to your Community profile. 

Cheers!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

racheltp
New member | Level 2

I have paid for the annual Dropbox Plus subscription. However I am still charged on a monthly payment via Apple Pay. 

Verified with the billing history on my Dropbox account and it shows that annual payment has been made. Any idea why is there still a recurring monthly payment?? 

Anyone came across the same problem?????

Mark
Super User II

This is only possible if you have 2 accounts - one on iTunes and one on the website. 

You should be easily able to test it by adding a file to one and seeing if it syncs to the other (i.e. add a photo to the one on iTunes). Note that if you go to the App store you MAY see that the account is a diff one to what you've logged in as - i.e. the Apple ID rather than what you are using

jasonhackwith
Explorer | Level 4

It shouldn't be possible, but it is. Not only is this possible, I learned today that DropBox has been double-charging me via both Google Play and via DropBox.com FOR THE PAST NINE MONTHS. I have ONE DropBox account. 

I am currently trying to get support to even take this seriously. The first rep that replied to me actually closed the ticket on me. I will update this thread when/if this gets resolved.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @jasonhackwith, let's jump right into this! 

You mentioned that you've already contacted our Support team. Can you send me the ticket number reference, in order for me to be able to locate the email on our system, please? 

Thanks a bunch!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?