cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible for users to search and access Dropbox folders to view and download?

Is it possible for users to search and access Dropbox folders to view and download?

SoerenAN
Explorer | Level 4

Hi, 

We are having some 4500 PDF files in Dropbox that we would like to share with people on our website - behind a general login, controlled by Wordpress. 

The users must be able to search using strings to identify certain files, and then have the download or view option to access the files. We are looking for a Dropbox based solution where we can manage the files in a Dropbox folder, and where the clients should not need to have Dropbox themselves, so they can access only by using their browser. 

Do you have experiences or recommendations for this task, i.e. by using Dropbox API or 3rd. party apps? Any input is great. 

Best regards

Soren

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @SoerenAN, thanks for messaging the Community!

It might be possible to do what you're asking with the Dropbox API, though I'm not certain of a specific feature to search files like that.

You can check the documentation available to see if this helps.

If you have any further queries, feel free to message back.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

SoerenAN
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you for your reply. I am looking for practical experiences in using Dropbox on a website to present a list of files that can be downloaded or viewed. Is there a better forum for such? 

Mark
Super User II

@SoerenAN wrote:

Is there a better forum for such? 

I'd suggest maybe asking around some of the WordPress hosting sites / add ons etc. and see if there forums can help

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

DBoxTips
Collaborator | Level 8

Hello @SoerenAN 

I you are looking for someone to help with this, I could help. The Dropbox Community Guidelines prohibit sharing e-mails on the forum, so I cannot share my e-mail address here. If you would like to get in touch, please add ".com" to my username in a browser.

Andrew (DBoxTips)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DBoxTips Collaborator | Level 8
    Mark Super User II
    SoerenAN Explorer | Level 4
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?