cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on how to delete files from Dropbox

Need help on how to delete files from Dropbox

Liz W
Explorer | Level 3

I stopped using Dropbox ages ago, because I couldn't delete the unwanted stuff people shared with me without removing it from their account as well. My account is full, but I can't free it up to access the things I WANT to access on shared accounts. I've spent ages on your support page trying to find answers.

MY IDEA is to provide access to REAL PEOPLE who can answer questions without your busy customer having to rummage around the support pages for hours....that would be REAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Liz W, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Would this page on learning how to use Dropbox and the various features within satisfy your requirements?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Liz W
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jay

Thanks for the suggestion. The course might be helpful, thank you, although it looks quite time-consuming, and I'm not sure if I'll make any headway with it while I'm being told that my dropbox is full. At this stage I just need to have someone explain how I can free up some space...I spent a couple of hours this morning trying and failing to glean the information from the support pages. You can't beat a person-to-person conversation to answer specific questions effectively and quickly, which is why I think a one hour on-line teach-in might achieve more than several pages of print to plough through.  Just a suggestion, but, as I say, I am stuck until I can find out how to free up some space to work with.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

If you need to delete files to free up space on your account, this article contains all the information you'll need on how to do so.

Currently, we only provide incoming phone support for team admins of Dropbox Business subscriptions.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    Liz W Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?