cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files deleted/missing after some changes made to my team?

Files deleted/missing after some changes made to my team?

kingseal
Explorer | Level 4

Indiv. files in dropbox all missing/deleted? Both locally within app and cloud version. How do i figure out what happened and how do I restore the files?

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II

@kingseal wrote:

How do i figure out what happened ...

... and how do I restore the files?

kingseal
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for the advice but neither was solved the problem, and I tried those before posting the inquiry. Turns out the files weren't deleted but somehow moved. Finally found them in a mysterious new folder called "assorted content" that I (or any other person on my 3 person team) did not create. Yet DB somehow decided to aggregate them there. Any idea how this happened?

kingseal
Explorer | Level 4

Ugh. Also, i'm not able to return them to the main folder as indiv. files as DB tells me I don't have permission to do that...so they need to stay in the Assorted Content folder. This sucks. Maybe time to try GDrive...

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @kingseal, are you referring to the team space update for Dropbox Business teams? 

Have you already tried contacting the support team directly for them to assist you on this matter?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

MauriceSnell1
New member | Level 2

I have the same problem: a random new folder called Assorted Content that automatically started syncing to my PC and filled the entire hard drive with stuff I had not selected through selective sync.  Have you received any advice from DB support?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

MauriceSnell1 New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    kingseal Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?