cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I remove duplicate photos from Photos tab and change creation date?

Can I remove duplicate photos from Photos tab and change creation date?

cpond0723
New member | Level 2
I have several duplicates of photos uploaded to my Dropbox, and at this point I’m not interested in deleting them individually. Is there any way to keep all the duplicates from showing up in my Photos tab? Also, I have several hundred photos that were pulled from an old drive and in the process, had their creation date changed to Jan 2024. They ALL show up in my Photos tab as January. Is it possible to edit their dates to reflect when they were actually taken?
1 Reply 1

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hi there, @cpond0723, thanks for reaching out to us!

The Photos tab is the place where all the photos in your account show up, so you'd have to delete the duplicates from your account, for them to be removed from the Photos tab as well.

And as for editing the creation date of your photos, I'm afraid there's no way to edit them through Dropbox.

You'll either need to use the options available in your operating system, or a third-party service/app.

If you have any questions, let us know.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?