cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unprofessional Support, and an escalated ticket that holds me back from working.

Unprofessional Support, and an escalated ticket that holds me back from working.

jasonhackwith
Explorer | Level 4

Has anyone else experienced gross unprofessionalism from tier 1 support? I have tried to speak with two people today regarding a serious sync/storage space issue that is keeping me from working, and they keep refusing to answer direct questions related to an issue that is critical to my business.

The first one was a sales guy, saying that tech support wasn't even available via chat right now. When I asked him to escalate the issue to a higher tier of support and to his supervisor, he refused and then actually did the chat equivalent of hanging up on me.

The second was a tech person who wanted to solve this issue by potentially creating more problems that would further delay my abilities to get any work done today. They ultimately promised to escalate it to a higher level of support but refused to answer most of my questions and then accused me of being unprofessional.

I literally cannot do any work until this issue is resolved. They've supposedly escalated the ticket to higher level of support, but I remain entirely unconfident that they will actually get back to me today. What have your experiences with tier 1 support been like?

6 Replies 6

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @jasonhackwith, I'm so sorry to hear about that! 

I'd love to know some info in regards to your case, if you'd like to share.

Also, feel free to send me your ticket number references, in order for me to locate them on my end, and check what was said there.

Thanks a bunch!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jasonhackwith
Explorer | Level 4

The ticket #'s are 23661782 and #23661249. I can't get anybody to treat this as it is, a critical issue that is directly affecting my business. I can't afford for this to go into the weekend or even next week before I can get this resolved. I'm more than a little frustrated.

jasonhackwith
Explorer | Level 4

I've removed the folder from selective sync AND I've right-clicked on it to set it as online-only but it is still downloading. At the suggestion of the first person I spoke with (Charles), I logged out of Dropbox locally and then logged back in and now it is reindexing 2 million files. Which will take the rest of the business day and then some. I really need help with this right away.

What it really comes down to is this. When a client shares a very large folder with your Dropbox, you should be able to pick whether it gets downloaded to your computer or left online BEFORE it starts downloading and completely decimates your hard drive. According to the tech support person I got, it will have to finish downloading before it will recognize that I've set it to NOT be downloaded. How does that make any sense?

Furthermore, I have major concerns about other files that I have worked on in the meantime that have not been backed up to Dropbox because it is too busy trying to download well over a TB of files.

The solution that the second person I spoke with wanted me to do would potentially delete the files that I have altered which have not been backed up. Or it might not. They refused to answer my direct questions.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @jasonhackwith, thanks for the info! 

Would you be able to share your app's syncing status with me, while we're at it? 

Also, I was able to review your communication, and also raised the priority of the ticket to High, in order for our team to get back to you as soon as possible.

I see where you're coming from, and how critical this is, but in some cases we need the assistance, help and tools of our Specialized team in order to proceed with a case.

I definitely appreciate your patience here!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jasonhackwith
Explorer | Level 4

I get you need the specialized team, but when that specialized team will not get back to me in a timely manner when it is directly affecting my business, that is a MAJOR problem.

Simply put, I can't depend on Dropbox to care when it matters. You've already proven that last month with the billing fiasco where your support INSISTED that what was actually happening couldn't possibly happen. Your tier 1 support is terrible.

Today has gone straight into the toilet anyway so I am waiting for it to finish indexing because I can't get a straight answer from anybody about whether my altered files which have not been uploaded to Dropbox will be deleted if I reinstall Dropbox and turn off the folders using selective sync. Furthermore, I still don't have an answer as to whether my client's files would be deleted out of their Dropbox if I uninstall Dropbox, relink my computer, and delete the local folder so I actually have hard drive space again to get anything accomplished.

I'm faced with an unacceptable situation either way. Either I lose my files or my client loses theirs... or not. So far nobody will get back to me on my questions to confirm either way. 

So it is still indexing. It's now down to 1.112 million files from 2.1 million, and I still sit here twiddling my thumbs. Fortunately my clients are understanding. But I am not.

Mark
Super User II

Hi @jasonhackwith 

Not 100% sure what is going on (I dont work for Dropbox so apologies I cant see threads etc.), however, support is a disgrace unfortunaetly. 

In terms of some of the comments I've seen I do know that if you selective sync a folder which HAS NOT yet uploaded to Dropbox the files are deleted even if not uploaded. 

In terms of the client Dropbox as long as you unlink first you can then delete/uninstall etc. as you want without impacting them

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    jasonhackwith Explorer | Level 4
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?