cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QR CODE DIRECT LINKS....

QR CODE DIRECT LINKS....

EleonoraGruppoItalia
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

QR CODES!

Hi there - - 

wondering if there will be a way to easily create and direct with a qrcode into a dropbox folder?

I am creating multiple promo and other videos - and will be using QR codes for events, etc - and prefer to keep everything in dropbox - the other options require giving the materials shared to another source, etc - - 

so it would be great!!!

thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@jzavala1986 wrote:

I was wondering if there was any update on this feature? Thanks! 

It was removed.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

HI @EleonoraGruppoItalia, thanks for posting here! 

While this isn't directly possible to happen when using Dropbox, what you can do as a workaround is this: You can create shared links for the content you need to share.

When you do then use some third-party app that will then create the QR code from said link.  If anyone else in the Community knows a different way to achieve that, I'd also be happy to have a look as to what they have to suggest. 

I hope this helps!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Natalia Teresa
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, guys,

Do you if its possible to redirect a link in QR code? Unfortunately its false and I have already printed QR code.

I'm wondering how I can manage that problem, is there a trick?

https://www.dropbox.com/home/PRESS%20KIT%20-%20VANK%20at%20ORGATEC%202022%20with%20motto%20WELLBIOIN...

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

That isnt something you can do with Dropbox, no. 

Did you link the QR code directly to the Dropbox link?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @Natalia Teresa,

Mark is correct; you can't transform any link in Dropbox itself. However you can do that in some other application. 😉 Just Install one you would like and you can generate any machine readable representation (including QR code). The your "link" for instance:

code_202210211452514.png

I'm setting the word link (above) in quotes, because it's not a shared link and you can't use it to share something!!! Only you would be able open it (and only when logged in Dropbox)! To share something use share link. 🙂

Hope this helps.

Superglen
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Let's say Dirty Glen wants to share a Dropbox folder of photos with someone on the bus. 

Instead of sending them an email, I just want to share a QR code, and they can access my folder, completely anonymous. 

The app can create the web link, so I could say the letters, but people are stupid and like things easy.

With QR codes auto generated, Dirty Glen can selectively share his collection of over 400 folders worth of the good stuff without having to make 400 QR code jpegs. This is an unnecessary step these days, and I would be super happy to use the extra time for more pictures of the good stuff. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Superglen, how are you today?

I merged your post under this thread, since others had expressed the same inquiry, and I want to keep everything at the same place.

Feel free to have a look at what others have suggested, and let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Superglen
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Megan, you said:

"HI @EleonoraGruppoItalia, thanks for posting here! 

While this isn't directly possible to happen when using Dropbox, what you can do as a workaround is this: You can create shared links for the content you need to share."

Question: the Dropbox App can create "view-only shared links," which is a plain text static website. Translating plain text to a QR code is simple.  The only reason Dropbox does not add this is laziness in my opinion!

Adding features that skips steps and makes life easier should be a no-brainer, but I guess Dropbox is not as smart as I thought it was.

Please add this feature!  If not, then sadly I will have to reconsider my subscription. 

amandachin
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi Everybody! 

I wanted to let you know that our team is building a feature that will let you create a QR code to share files or folders from Dropbox. It will behave in the same way as shared links do. 

We plan to ramp it up to paying customers starting next week. Hopefully this makes your workflow easier as you won't have to navigate to another tool to create QR codes that link back to Dropbox. We'd love your feedback on this feature when you start to use it! 😊

Best,

Amanda

Emmet
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hey everyone!

You can find a step-by-step guide on creating QR Codes for your Dropbox files or folders here.

Hope that helps! 

Emmet 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    jzavala1986 Helpful | Level 5
    Emmet Community Manager
    amandachin Dropbox Product Manager
    Superglen New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?