cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make "anyone with a link" option in Admin Console the default one when sharing files

Make "anyone with a link" option in Admin Console the default one when sharing files

mipui
Explorer | Level 3
In case the user wants, it will be nice if there will be an option to adjust settings in the admin console for example "anyone with a link" for all folder in drpbox. After that one click on "copy link" will generate link under this settings without the need to manage the creation of the link for ant folder or file specifically. Just one click on "copy link" and send to anyone and thats all
5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @mipui, thanks for messaging the Community!

Could you clarify how this would work exactly, with step-by-step instructions?

Are the currently sharing features in the admin console not suitable for your purposes?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

mipui
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Jay I set the settings in the admin console to "anyone with a link" when I need to create a link I need to click on share folder and then create link and the manage the settings of the view link to "anyone with a link". My office staff is not good at computers. To much clicking for them. I wish I could set all my Dropbox so I would just have to click on the blue "copy link" button and it will be already set to "anyone with a link" and all that is left to be done is paste it in the Email and send it to the client to view the files. So simple yet not available at the moment by Dropbox. 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi from me too, @mipui! Can you please upload a screenshot of your sharing settings on the Admin Console, plus one more showing what you see when creating a new shared link and going to the link’s settings?

I’d like to have a visual and further assist.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

mipui
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Nancy the settings are "anyone with a link" and when i do share-->view link tab-->mange settings I need to change it from "people invited" to "anyone with a link" and the "save" close copy and paste the link created. So many clicks... instead it could be one click. If you are from the staff you can see my long conversation with Jared from your special team. I think I drove him mad until I realised there is no solution to my problem in the current settings of Dropbox. Many screen shots there including screen record. Hope you will generate something new in Dropbox.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @mipui - thanks for the additional information there.

We've passed your feedback on to the team and you can let us know if you have anything else to add in the meantime. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    mipui Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?