cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Recover from a mistake to use Backup

I need to sync my Documents folder in real time with the rest of my computers

jsauser11
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Howdy.

Installed desktop ver. 197.4.7571 on my Windows 10 desktop machine today, and made a mistake to set my online Documents folder to BACKUP. Now the files that are in that folder are on my Windows 10 desktop machine as they were before, but can not be accessed from my Win 10 laptop. I need them to be real time sync, so how do I recover those files in Backup back so that they are real time syncing on both my Desktop and Laptop machines?

11 Replies 11

Catalina1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

A nightmare indeed! If you find another app that works the way Dropbox did before the update, please let us know. I need a solution for this. @Ravip 

Catalina1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

@jsauser11  Is the Downloads folder also syncing correctly with the other devices?. I could manage some of my folders in the Dropbox folder, but the big problems I have are the Downloads folder and Desktop folder. 

Need more support?