cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help. New upgrade is a nightmare in several ways.

Help. New upgrade is a nightmare in several ways.

blBr31
Explorer | Level 4

Upgraded (radically altered) Dropbox on my mac today. I get a message that its an unlinked dropbox. It won't sync with my phone and iPad. Its duplicated itself and gobbled up my allotted memory. I couldn't log in to this chatroom with my own password. Its prompting me to back up my backup drive TO Dropbox (not vice-versa). I so wouldn't have done this 2 days before leaving to Europe if it had just come with warnings. I thought it was just a regular sort of update.

MacBook Air M1

Mac OS 12.6.5 Monterey 

Macbook air 2 IOS 16.2

iPhone 13 IOS 16.1.1

2 Replies 2

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting here, @blBr31, and I’m sorry to hear about the situation. 

From what you’re describing, it sounds like you were asked to install the new Dropbox update for macOS, correct?

If you’re still getting this message about an unlinked Dropbox, can you send me a screenshot of it? I’d like to have a look at it. 

Also, can you clarify what’s the current syncing status and app version of your Dropbox app? 

That’ll help me check this further.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

GVP
New member | Level 2

Our entire company seems to have experienced this same problem. The root name of our Dropbox Business account became different during the process. This has broken all of our links and caused days of disruption. Please contact us to help us unravel this mess. Our company previously standardized on a default location that was not User specific and I suspect that may the root of this problem.

[Removed as per Community Guidelines]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

GVP New member | Level 2
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?