cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Sign: Rotating signature boxes

Dropbox Sign: Rotating signature boxes

jaychicago
Helpful | Level 6

Uploading a PDF with both landscape and portrait images, and using Dropbox Sign….When I am configuring "Signature Boxes", “Date/Initial" boxes etc in Dropbox Sign, it seems that i cannot rotate the signature boxes in PDF’s that contain both landscape and portrait images. And they all default to vertical not horizontal. 

Note: It absolutely allows me to rotate in “ME- SIGN NOW” instances with a rotating button (while i'm configuring the signature locations), but when i try to stretch/resize the box while i'm configuring the signature locations, however for other signature clients to sign, its not very cooperative.

Seems like im missing something bc, Im unlikely to be the only person with this challenge.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DbxNate
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey all, I'm the engineering lead for the involved team.

I'm really sorry about the frustration this has caused. It really is a bit of a tricky problem for us to solve on or end — PDFs are hard! — but we have been working on it, and I understand how critical a timely fix would have been for many of you.

My team was able to reproduce the issues noted in this thread by a few PDFs provided to us by our Support team that displayed the errant behavior. We used these to help validate our work and now, using these files, we see fields oriented as expected.

A couple of weeks ago, we released a patch which should reconcile the conflict between field rotation and PDF orientation.

Fields should now be oriented relative to the top of the file viewer, and not based on the underlying PDF encoding. If you rotate a document in the viewer, any fields you've added will be cleared so that field orientation will be correct to the new orientation. You'll get a warning before this happens, so you can go cancel the action if you need to.

If you are still seeing fields oriented the wrong way, could you please share a sample PDF with our Support team (dropbox.com/support) so that we can take another look and make sure we didn't miss an edge case? Just make sure the file doesn't contain any private or sensitive information.

Rest assured, my team does really care, but like with many companies we have a number of other priorities we need to juggle as well, and we're all doing our best. 

View solution in original post

32 Replies 32

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @jaychicago, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Do you see the same behavior when you try from different browsers or private browsing/incognito?

Keep me posted.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jaychicago
Helpful | Level 6

I just tried in Chrome, Safari, and Duck Duck Go, and all serve up the Signature box vertically, and not horizontally. Again, the “ME-Sign Now” has the curved arrow so i can rotate the box. But not the other signer "signature/other boxes" I drag on top of the document.Screen Shot 2023-11-29 at 1.58.38 Pedit2M.jpg  

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the additional info, @jaychicago.

Can you check if your browsers are on the most updated version?

Also, do you confirm that trying from a private browsing/incognito window doesn't help?

If not, make sure to clear your browser's cache as well and then try again. 

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

VCounsel
Explorer | Level 4

I have the same problem - the intractable upside down signature box, with no way to correct. I can't send this to a client - their signature would be vertical 

jaychicago
Helpful | Level 6

Yeah, Sorry, I tried everything. it just didnt work. And this was with 3 different PDFs

I tried with Chrome, Duck Duck Go and Safari. all most recent versions. Sincerely….

All three, no go. Chrome in Incognito as well.

I went with a competitor. DBX was my first choice. Keep me abreast when this is corrected. 

btsss
Helpful | Level 5

Same problem here. I just dropped my Acrobat subscription when I realized Dropbox has signature capabilities. Disappointed now that this simple bug in Dropbox is rendering it useless. I can't send a high-dollar proposal with sideways initial boxes. A fix for this would be great. 

Gizmogear
Helpful | Level 5

Beyond frustrated. Signature block comes in rotated to documents. If I rotate the whole document moves. Cannot get signature block to orientate correctly. Yes I've checked my browser, I've cleared cache, I've read so many folks with the same issue.  This should be a quick user friendly option.  I too gave up my Adobe, sadly it was functional. I prefer Dropbox but need this issue addressed as soon as possible.  Anyone have fix to this problem

btsss
Helpful | Level 5

Will there be a fix to this soon? I left Adobe when I realized Dropbox offered this feature. Now I can't use it. 

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi all, I just wanted to mention that our team is looking to make some improvements on this, and for now you can:

• If you're scanning documents, you can check if your scanner is assuming a landscape layout instead of portrait
  • If you're rotating the document before uploading it to Dropbox.com, you may need to 'print to PDF', depending on the program you use to edit.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

BarbaraVer Helpful | Level 5
    dimaddeno Helpful | Level 6
    DbxNate Dropbox Staff
    Gizmogear Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?