cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Dropbox Refuses to stay signed in on my Mac, while signed into another Enterprise account

Personal Dropbox Refuses to stay signed in on my Mac, while signed into another Enterprise account

MattyJake
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I recently got a new Macbook and have both an enterprise and personal account, which have always been accessible in my finder.

For some reason, every time I try to log into my personal folder, it downloads and adds all of the contents of the personal account/folder immediately, and then pretty instantly becomes a non-dropbox/standard local folder. No error, it just signs me out in the finder menu Dropbox icon.

I went to my settings and deleted every old account that the personal account was attached to b//c I read that it might be du to being connected to too many machines. No change.

I made sure to turn off my VPN, though that's never been an issue. No change.

Does anyone have a solution for this, it's incredibly frustrating and makes my personal DB useless.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi Everybody,

This issue has been fixed with the newest stable release 198 and beta release 199. Please update to the newest client build and let us know if you experience any further difficulties.

Thanks,

Ben

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @MattyJake, thanks for providing these details.

As you mentioned that you are part of a Dropbox Enterprise team, is it possible that the team admin added a setting preventing the connection of a personal account on the same desktop or mobile device as the Enterprise account?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

MattyJake
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I would not imagine so at all/very unlikely-- I'm basically the admin of the enterprise one, and this was not a problem until I switched to a new machine. This being said, can you tell me where I might look to see if that somehow happened.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

This article contains the information you need regarding the device limit for the Dropbox Business team.

If you're still experiencing issues, try contacting the support team for them to look into this in more detail.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

MattyJake
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I already removed every device other than this computer and one other for the personall (and have not looked on that other machine if it's active b/c I rarely use it). So, it only is on 2 machines. Can't imagine that's the problem. I can contact support as well, but curious if you have any other ieas.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @MattyJake, sorry to jump in here. 

Say you restart your computer and then go to the "account" tab in your Dropbox app preferences, do you see that the app is linked to the Enterprise account?

Or does the app look completely unlinked from any account?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Wiebe
Explorer | Level 3

Same problem as MattyJake overhere. It seems only one of the accounts can be connected. When I try to connect the second one installation goes fine but after 30 seconds or so I am off line again. Might be because I updated recently to Sonoma 14? It has always worked fine and nothing has been changed on my side except the MacOS update.

marc_diederich
Explorer | Level 3

Same problem here since Sunday. It is impossible to sign into my personal account when the Team's account is logged in. Only one account at a time seems possible. 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

@Wiebe and @marc_diederich, can you both send me the app version of the desktop app you’re running, as well as its current syncing status? 

Are your Dropbox accounts properly linked on www.dropbox.com?

Also, @marc_diederich, did the issue start after a specific update on your device, as well?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

marc_diederich
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Nancy,

My MacOS Dropbox App version is v197.4.7629.

My Teams Dropbox account is signed in and synced.

My linked personal Dropbox account is signed out and cannot be added.

Both accounts are properly linked on the web and iOS devices.

I did not update the MacOS system.

The Dropbox app was updated when the problem occurred.

Marc

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

BenDBX Community Manager
    Yun L.1 Explorer | Level 3
    Rogaa Explorer | Level 4
    Wiebe Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?