cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view my PC files on mobile app anymore

Cannot view my PC files on mobile app anymore

SE_
Explorer | Level 4

Please help! 

I've agreed to the latest update from Dropbox and since then I cannot access my PC backup on my Dropbox mobile app. From reading other board messages it looks like they've actually taken this feature off and you can now only view these files from your desktop app? What's the point of that?! If that's true, this is an insane downgrade to the service. Are they expecting everything to sit on the synced drive? Would be grateful to know if people have found a workable way around it, otherwise I'll just start shopping elsewhere. 

Thanks. 

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II
@SE_
 wrote:

I've agreed to the latest update from Dropbox and since then I cannot access my PC backup on my Dropbox mobile app.

You can access your backups via your Backups page. This should also work on your mobile device.

SE_
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you for the reply, Rich - I can't seem to find that Backup Page on my Dropbox mobile app, not under any of the tabs. Am I missing something..? 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @SE_, you won't find the backups page in the mobile app.

After the update of the Dropbox backup feature, you'll need to login to your account on dropbox.com to access your backups from a mobile device.

I hope this clarifies things.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

SE_
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you, Hannah. Can I ask for a clarification on why was this downgrade introduced to Dropbox? This feature was the main reason why I kept a paid account with the company. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @SE_, essentially it's a change from Backups, to Backups Beta, not a downgrade.

In any case, your feedback regarding our Backup has been very valuable and I will endeavor to make sure your voice is heard.

I'll be one post away if you need anything else!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

SE_
Explorer | Level 4

Hello Megan,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm less interested in the semantics of whether a change which makes a service worse is indeed a downgrade or not, but I would love to get an answer as to why said change has happened and why is the feature of accessing the backup from the Dropbox mobile app not being reinstated? 
Thanks in advance. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

SE_ Explorer | Level 4
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?